Everyone has computer issues, but there are steps you can take to avoid the most common computer problems. Most of these are easy to implement:
– Install a free antivirus/anti-spyware program, such as AVG or Spybot Search & Destroy and run it at least once a week.
– Schedule your computer to Defragment (Defrag.exe) at least once a month through Control Panel → Administrative Tools ->Scheduled Tasks.
– Set your Windows Update to Automatic.
– Check for updates to your browser and other software at least once every few months.
– Do not visit websites offering “warez,” “hackz,” or the like.
– Do not allow children or others to use your computer unattended.
– Never open e-mail or download attachments from contacts you do not recognize. If it seems like spam, it probably is.
While these tips will help protect your computer from many common problems, things will happen. When you need computer repairs, contact Advanced Computer Services.